14th October 2023
Almost everyone has been convinced that they need to use deodorant on a regular basis. However, few realise it is a longstanding marketing campaign that was launched in the early 1900s, with numerous iterations over the past century.
The use of these chemical concoctions can be linked to specious germ theory claims involving bacteria. In this video we look at the alleged science behind body odour, how deodorants work, the potential problems with their use, and how to “detox” to achieve your best health.
- “Here’s Why I Quit Shampoo”, Dr Sam Bailey, 17 Jun 2023
- “Better Skin With No Soap”, Dr Sam Bailey, 29 Jul 2023
- “Does Sunscreen Cause Cancer?”, Dr Sam Bailey, 23 Sept 2023
- “Body Odor”, Wikipedia
- “Functional Neuronal Processing of Human Body Odors”, Vitamins and Hormones-Advances in Research and Applications, 2010
- “Aluminium, Vaccines & Detox” Dr Sam Bailey, 21 Jan 2023
- “Polymer nanoparticles block underarm odors”, Chemical & Engineering News, 8 Aug 2019
- Handbook of Cosmetic Science and Technology, 3rd Edition, 2009
- “Shaving of axillary hair has only a transient effect on perceived body odor pleasantness”, Behav Ecol Sociobiol, 22 Nov 2011
- Terrain Therapy, Dr Ulric Williams/Dr Samantha Bailey, 2022