5th April 2022
The Tobacco Mosaic “Virus” is said to be the first “virus” ever discovered. The particle has even been purified and biochemically characterised.
I decided to go back to the original studies from the late 1800s and I found more than just a few problems with the claims that they found a “virus”.
It’s amazing what the germ theorists claim when Virus Mania strikes! 😮
- “Tobacco Mosaic Virus,” in Encyclopedia of Virology (Third Edition), 2008.
- “One Hundred Years of Virology,” Journal of Virology, 1992
- “Soviet Studies On Viruses,” Science, 1944
- “Isolation and Properties of TM and other Virus Proteins,” W Stanley, 1938
- “Isolation of crystalline tobacco Mosaic Virus Protein from Tomato Plants,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1937: Vol 117.
- WISSENSCHAFFTPLUS magazin 4/2020
- Tobacco Diseases and Decay” by Frederick Wolf, 1935.
- “Concerning a Contagium Vivum Fluidum as cause of the Spot Disease of tobacco leaves,” 1898
- “Über die Mosaikkrankheit der Tabakspflanze,” 1903: