27th January 2021
Around 17 years before Covid-19 and what is termed “SARS-CoV-2” there was SARS or SARS-CoV-1. But where did SARS go?
And how does it relate to Covid-19?
1. SARS – Wikipedia
2. New York Times May 15, 2005
3. WHO SARS outbreak contained from Wayback Machine (Original Link removed)
4. SARS diagnosis
5. New York Times May 6, 2003
6. The Lancet – Coronavirus as primary cause of SARS?
7. Cynomolgus monkey aka macaque
8. Fredricks and Relman – Reconsideration of Koch’s Postulates
9. Cochrane Review – No standardised signs and symptoms for Covid-19
10. Bat cave mystery
11. “Discovery of a rich gene pool of bat SARS-related coronaviruses provides new insights into the origin of SARS coronavirus”
12. WHO Consensus document on the epidemiology of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
13. Virus Mania