17th December 2022
We are seeing a spate of news stories talking about so-called “superbugs” which are claimed to be invasive and deadly to humans. Some are said to be resistant to antibiotics amid speculation that these drugs may be in short supply.
Let’s have a look into the actual science surrounding Group A Strep hype! Does Group A Strep pose any threat to you or your family? Do you ever need to take antibiotics, or is there something else going on?
- Terrain Therapy – Dr Ulric Williams/Dr Sam Bailey, 2022.
- “FIFTEEN children under 15 have now died from killer Strep A complication this winter as health chiefs say knock-on effects of Covid lockdowns may be to blame for unusually big outbreak”, The Daily Mail, 9 Dec 2022.
- “Streptococcus pyogenes”, Wikipedia.
- “The Group A Streptococcal Carrier State Reviewed: Still an Enigma”, 2014.
- “Humanized In Vivo Model for Streptococcal Impetigo”, 2000.
- “Rishi Sunak and Steve Barclay insist there is NO shortage of antibiotics amid Strep A outbreak”, The Daily Mail, 7 Dec 2022
- “More about ‘Strep A’ – What is going on?” – Dawn Lester, 10 Dec 2022.